Monday, April 23, 2012

Grayson's 2nd Birthday Party Ideas

My son Grayson's birthday party is coming up in less than 4 weeks and I have been busy preparing for his party.  I decided on a nautical theme and wanted to share with you some of my finds and inspiration for his party.   


So these are the invitations I ordered from B Letterpress Designs.  
They are printable invites with a lobster letterpress.  I LOVE letterpress so I just had to get these and they were very reasonable.  Of course, you're not seeing the entire invitation with our address and contact but you get the idea.  I made the envelope liners from paper at Hobby Lobby.  I also used fabric tape from Paper Source to seal the envelopes on the back since I covered up a lot of the sticky part with my liner.  Erika Powell at Urban Grace Interiors also used this tape for her daughter's 2 year old birthday envelopes which I totally forgot about until I went back to look at her invites when I was searching for wording and font ideas.  Check out what she did here.  She is always creative and has excellent design taste.


                                                    

                                                                     Paper Source
They also had this adorable red and white stripe ribbon I was so tempted to get but decided not to since I already had striped ribbon purchased from Michael's and Hobby Lobby.

                                                                 Mara-Mi for Target
These cards I picked up before I ordered the invites as inspiration and thank you notes.  I love the mix of pattern here.



I was originally thinking of making this out of foam board but I think I can get by without a whale at his party.


These were so cute although I think I'm going to go with the kit below.

These are perfect for his party!  I still have to order them but I love them and their price.


I already have decided I'm going to make the lobster cookies shown below but I thought these were so adorable and her etsy shop has lots of great treat bags for all kinds of parties.





Backwoods Plaid on Etsy (image link no longer available)
This is an inspirational picture for his party. 

                                                                           Source: etsy.com via Trisha on Pinterest






                                                                       Source: tumblr.com via love on Pinterest

                   


              Sur la Table

Stay tuned for Grayson's Birthday party pictures.  


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...